Total Pageviews

Monday 21 June 2010

Midsummer's Day 2010



Simple Woman's Day Book



Monday 21st June 2010

Mid summer's Day


FOR TODAY
Outside my window...sunshine, washing drying, including the white alb that Ian wears in the church choir. He is singing at St Mary Abbot's church this coming Sunday for our church choir has been chosen to sing at the ordination of priests in the Kensington diocese.

I am thinking...about supper preparation when I have completed this blog. Will be cold chicken with salad I think.

I am thankful for...my annual visit to the Royal Brompton Hospital today. Am doing well, and have an appointment for a year's time to have an x-ray and lung function test. Could manage just one lung function test today but results were quite good.

For once we didn't walk along the King's Road but back to South Kensington via the Humming Bird bakery and as requested bought a red cake for daughter. We then had lunch in the Zetland Arms, I ordered fish and chips but only large portions available so both of us had coke, burger and chips. Managed to eat it all and enjoyed having something slightly unhealthy for once. The food tasted good and for once I ate it all.

From the learning rooms...darling Ian catching up on his maths after all the busyness of bathroom and renovating D-i-L and Son's house. 

They are back from honeymoon so treks to Hertfordshire are now finished, although there will be assistance given as required at weekends.

From the kitchen...jars of apricot jam I made last week, so far unlabelled.
I am wearing...East red Indian cotton dress. Changed when I came back from town as this dress is looser, but wore pink patterned dress and a pink cardigan to the hospital. Very 50s / Michelle Obama styling.

I am going...to a charity lunch on Sunday with daughter whilst Ian is singing in St Mary Abbott.

I am reading...not enough, haven't started Conan Doyle after all.

I am hoping...warm weather continues, but not the humidity.


I am hearing...Ian upstairs moving about in the office/computer chair.

Around the house...the washing machine on a final spin cycle.

One of my favourite things...the view of Richmond Hill and the River Thames from SW trains.

A few plans for the rest of the week: tomorrow: working voluntarily at Local Studies; Wednesday meeting friend/former flatmaste at V & A Museum for culture, chat & lunch; Thursday meeting former colleague for lunch and chat; Friday possible walk around Epsom Downs; Saturday visit to the Foundling Museum with Local history society.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...





  A link back to the main page of Simplewoman's daybook blog. from whom I copied this idea for my blogs. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


Greetings to all, PixieMum 

No comments:

Post a Comment