Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Suburban Retired Lazybones

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dUrUa10NCDQ/S3_pQgN9rYI/AAAAAAAACm8/Fe5Dx2TC3tE/S220/tdbsmall.jpg
FOR TODAY Wednesday 7th July 2010


I am thinking...about London and the anniversary of the bombing. We go to London quite a bit, I don't give a thought to safety on the Tube, Underground or trains yet I should. More concerned with the crowded trains and on the Underground always grateful for the offer of a seat. I must look ancient as I rarely have to stand these days.

My daughter would accuse me of being a pedant for differentiating between Tube and Underground but there is a difference. The Underground is more open as it was built using the cut and cover method, whereas the Tube  is much deeper in the ground and made by drilling.


I am thankful for...the kindness of my asthma nurse today. No testing, no attempting peak flow measurements, just reassurance that sinus pain and hayfever symptoms were normal, just renewing my prescriptions and we then chatted and laughed together.

From the kitchen...nothing but haddock defrosting. A bit too much for us two but impossible to separate the flozen fish. Why weren't they separated before freezing?

I am wearing...Country Casual linen dress again, loose, decent, comfortable, smart, elegant and it suits me.

I am going...to see a production of Blithe Spirit  by the St Edmunds Players in Whitton and to the Hampton Court flower show
I am reading...Maeve Binchy Heart and Soul. Have had book for ages, it's not a heavy read and a reward for completing Conan Doyle's The Sign of Four which was the reading group book. We are meeting for lunch next week to chat about the book and everything else, including I expect the  Blithe Spirit production.

I am hoping...that daughter's holiday in Ibiza was a success, we will know on Friday when she returns. It is some time since Ian and I were on our own in the house and it has taken some adjustment, we don't seem to run out of hot water!

Around the house...we found some china packed away in the garage, not sure from where it came but have used it for display, plates on the wall and other items on top of fridge/freezer. Gives strong colour to kitchen, rest is mainly magnolia, beech colour and white. Darling husband put it plates on the wall and also washed top of fridge before china was arranged. He is a gem.


One of my favourite things...the peace and calmness of the Prayer and meditation service held once a month at our church. We were thinking about the Beatitudes and it was so good to contemplate these without the fuss of ceremony.




Here is picture for thought I am sharing...shows the china!

Mentioning of course the Simple Woman's Day book blog and offering  a link back to the main page of her blog. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Greetings to all who come by here, that's all folks as it is nearly time for me to hear about the goings on in Ambridge.

3 comments:

  1. I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog, PixieMum, and I'm always amazed at the extent of your wardrobe! Thank you for sharing your daily doings - it's good to write them down, isn't it?
    Have a lovely day.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi PixieMum,
    Enjoyed reading of you activities .
    The Apricot Jam looks delicious and I feel inspired me to make some.-especially as apricots are on offer in Morrisons at the moment !

    ReplyDelete