Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Mid October

MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010


Simple Woman's Daybook: 18th October

Outside My Window ... bright, cool October sunny morning, cloudier afternoon.
I am thinking ... about Stan, it is a week since we were called urgently to Sunrise care home and he is still with us.

From the learning rooms ... Ian has just ordered two secondhand maths books online. His course starts February, he is revising as if it is tomorrow.

From the kitchen ... ingredients laid out to make a quiche and to make a loaf or two.

I am wearing ... jeans, Boden turquoise blouse, green tank top and matching cardigan.

I am creating ... a black ribbed scarf using the acrylic yarn given to me by Joan. I've used 40 stitches, knit two purl two rib and will knit till the yarn runs dry! A Doctor Who scarf.
Have given up (temporarily?) on socks as found I had too many stitches, not sure how I'd gone from 64 to 72, also clearly line where switched from one needle to another.

I am going ...nowhere this week. Our trip to East Anglia didn't materialise.

Around the house ... we have had the chimney swept; this led to discussions about relining the chimney and a guy is coming to discuss this.; we have been measured for the new fire and tiling. 
We have decided to move the sound system & TV from one side of chimney breast to other. So often one task leads to other changes and to one seeing a room differently.

Didn't complete this yesterday but will post it just the same, and then compose another blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment