Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: mid November

TuesDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2010


Simple Woman's Daybook: 16th November

Outside My Window ...fog and cold. Fog getting denser as I type so pleased didn't go out this afternoon.

I am thankful ... for all the help I am receiving so I can manage COPD. Had an appointment with local Pulmonary rehab people this morning, was assessed and will start a twice weekly exercise class at local hospital to help breathing. My lung function was 32%; severe is less than 30% nuff said. This is from one who has never smoked. I have useful self management plan booklet too.

From the kitchen ... have made pastry for quiche, have to prepare filling, also need to stew apples for sweet.

I am wearing ...black trousers, charcoal grey polo neck with matching cardigan (both from Uniqlo) and my favourite silk multicoloured Tradecraft scarf.

I am creating ... finished front of jumper so just sleeves to knit (40 rows done so far) and then the big collar. For the first time I am going to try blocking but not sure whether it should be done before any seam is sewn or to sew shoulder seams, knit collar and then block. Will ask/seek advice.

I am going ...  to Big Game 3 (Harlequins v London Irish - so a local derby) in a party of 7: 2 cousins; 2 kids + 1 DiL; 1 DH & me. We are planning to take them out for meal afterwards to keep it relaxed and the fun going.

I am reading ... The return of the dancing master by Henning Mankel for reading group but am not motivated to find out whodunnit. Also reading knitting magazine Ian bought me yesterday. Want to knit hat next using stash yarn or a light and lacy cardigan to go over black dress.

 am hearing ... Radio 2 playing nonstop oldies

Around the house ... Mount Ironmore to climb

One of my favourite things ... sense of satisfaction when stitch numbers line up with the pattern/

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... two funerals this week, both elderly ladies with links with our church; friend coming for hair cuts, both mine and Ian's.

A Picture Thought I Am Sharing ...  I read of ways of storing knitting needles, especially very old or pretty ones so have put them in a jug I made and painted. This was at the Manor House hotel near Okehampton. Hotel that can be recommended thoroughly, although main activity is advertised as golf there are all other sports plus craft centre. Learnt cross stitch there, made jewellery, pottery, glassware etc. Ideal for families where teens to young to go off alone yet don't wish to be with parents. Ours joined us just for dinner. Can do water sports, walking on moors or read quietly in grounds or lounges. Good pampering too, had massages and reflexology.


























That's all folks, enjoy reading. Byeeee, PixieMum




Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman


No comments:

Post a Comment