Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 March 2011

Ooops, so late, so little time.

WEdnesDAY, MARCH 31, 2011


Simple Woman's Daybook: 31st March 2011

Outside my window ...  it's dark, well as dark as it can be in suburbia with street lights and in the far distance the glow of lights from Heathrow Airport.

I am thinking ... about all the knitting patterns dating from 1950s to 1980s that I was given by one of the Breathe Easy group. Not sure how I store, use, share these wonderful patterns. Look at these knitted hot pants, gauchos and knickerbockers!

If any one wants the pattern I can copy and send. Don't all rush at once.




I am thankful ... my talk about the local Breathe Easy group to the Respiratory rehabilitation course didn't go too badly. They did laugh when I told them that the meetings were so relaxed that I did my knitting. First time I've ever done anything like that but I'm to be asked to give talk to the next course. 

From the kitchen ...Martha has made a chocolate and cinnamon cake to take to the department she's leaving tomorrow. Next week she starts in commercial litigation and wants to give them a cake on Monday.

I am wearing ... black East dress, orangey red CC cardigan. Had to look smart for talk, but this dress is just so comfortable.

I am creating ... still on scarf made from turquoise Can Can yarn; jacket and socks. Latter haven't moved and I didn't have energy for knitting group today. Neither of us felt like home group this evening either, we're not over inspired by the York Lent group.
I am going ...  to have another attempt at clearing stuff, give some cushion covers away on Freecycle and may be a clothes clear out to charity shop.
I am reading ...  Twilight  still, have to finish by Monday.
I am hoping ...  History society next Monday will be a better talk than the last two. Last month the talk on Oliver Cromwell went on for well over an hour; the previous month the talk on 10 worst Britons lasted barely 25 minutes. 
I am hearing ... Martha and her friend Jen laughing, presumably TV or a DVD.
Around the house ... some ironing to be finished, too late tonight.
 One of my favourite things ...  finding the right birthday gift for a friend.

A few plans for the rest of the week ...  well as it is nearly Friday not much left of this week. Choir practice for Ian tomorrow and I may go and help make up the Mothering Sunday posies at church on Saturday. We will supply greenery from our garden as usual.

Well, it's late, Ian has gone to make coffee, so I'll end these ramblings.

 Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman


.

No comments:

Post a Comment