Total Pageviews

Monday 25 April 2011

Bank Holiday Monday musings

MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011


Simple Woman's Daybook: 25th April 2011

Outside my window ... beautiful garden, sunshine, breeze. See picture below of a view from kitchen window.


Ian in the back garden contemplating the purple flowering broccoli, spinach, potatoes.

I am thinking ... what I will say when I have to talk about the Breathe Easy group to the congregation at Church as Breathe Easy has been chosen as the local charity for May. Rather short notice, the Church Warden told me at the start of the Good Friday Walk of Witness, said she was glad I was there as it saved her an email. Have contacted the development officer at the British Lung Foundation. Am a bit weary with fund raising, generous folk supporting Martha still after the marathon.

From the learning rooms ... Ian working on maths. ready for tomorrow's tutorial.

I am thankful ... we can dry all the washing in the garden. everything has dried so well, even the duvets. Ours are from Tchibo, machine washable and have a detachable summer and winter weight. Last summer we never detached the winter duvet.

From the kitchen ... Fairly clear, just some drying up to be done. we have a full fridge after a visit to the Farmers' Market.

I am wearing ... light cotton red/orange/pink patterned East dress, nearest thing I have to a sun dress.

I am creating ... Socks. so pleased as I've passed the heel and working steadily down to the toes. Think I have understood what I'm doing now. Next time I'd like a pattern written for magic loop rather than DPNS.

I am reading ... still Eat, pray, love by Elizabeth Gilbert. We are in India now and have till May 9th to finish. It's book v. socks at present.

I am hoping ... Adam and Juliet's house hunting is successful. They have decided the kitchen in the new house in Leighton Buzzard would be too small so are starting looking again. Haven't heard much more than that.

I am hearing ... aeroplanes from Heathrow as we have high pressure. Not bothered we are so used to them. When I was at school (and that is a very long time ago) lessons were interrupted by planes.

Around the house ... Shop has told us that the very latest for sofa deliveries is end of May. So will be watching the Royal Wedding sat in Lloyd Loom or black leather office chair.

One of my favourite things ...  making bread. These loaves were made on Saturday evening using recipe from A taste of health a BBC cookery book.
They are a mixture of white and brown/wholemeal flour so not heavy but healthy.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... writing to all the girls in my class to tell them that Hazel is coming to the UK in June and where she'd like to meet with everyone. Have sent emails to some, but those without emails will have to have a snail mail letter. Will send snail mail also where no reply from the emails. 
So, any Kneller girls out there who knew Hazel and me, love to hear from you.
Also off to Local studies, Breathe Easy group and maybe knitting on Thursday at Mrs Moon's.


Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman


No comments:

Post a Comment