Total Pageviews

Monday 9 May 2011

Wedding weekend

ONDAY, MAY 09, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook: 9th May 2011

Outside my window ... sunshine, warmth, but a cool wind. Garden looks lovely, the rain that fell while we were away at nephew's wedding has helped the garden which was so dry. Ian worked on it yesterday, putting up supports for the tomato seedlings, weeding and tidying.
I am thinking ... how pleasant it is to be back home after a couple of days away. We didn't sleep too well, the bed in the hotel was very uncomfortable, well worn out would be polite. We filled in one of the comment cards, if no one tells the staff about the bed in room 78 how will they know it needs replacing. Also, was a small double and we are spoilt at home with a king size.


I am thankful ...  the ministry of Ann at our church, so upset she's left us.

From the kitchen ... chocolate brownies, well those not eaten by the reading group. Ian is becoming famous for chocolate brownies, in Mustardland and when I host the reading group.

I am wearing ... new narrow leg jeans, Gap grey & cream striped top 

I am creating ... second sock! Finished first one last week and am now on cuff of second one. Will be much faster cos understand what I'm doing and also using Magic Loop rather than 4 dpns.

I am going ... to last of this season's Borough of Twickenham History society meeting this evening, although there is the wine and cheese gathering in the summer some time.

I am reading ... Love in the Time of Cholera, well will be. Only given it this morning.

I am hoping ... to take over some of the chores from Ian so he can work on his maths. This morning he supported the book group meeting here by serving refreshments.

I am hearing ... silence of suburbia. 
Around the house ... still no sofas :(
One of my favourite things ... going out on the spur of the moment for lunch with Ian at Osteria Pulcinella in Twickenham, a non chain Italian restaurant. 

A few plans for the rest of the week ... helping at the local studies, now all the planning applications have finished I've signed up for other projects. Have offered to try and identify photographs of the borough from 1970s and 1980s or to do data entry. Don't mind mundane duties, it's not like a career and often the routine throws up interesting material.

A picture thought I am sharing ... 

The four of us at Ben and Carla's wedding. Slightly annoyed with myself about my dress, didn't realise that civil ceremonies require almost evening type outfits. Bought two dresses in East, the other one is linen and had a shawl in the same design but when I put it on decided it looked under dressed. Wore this one, it had gold embroidery so slightly more formal but in Indian cotton.

Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for signing up to follow my blog. Good luck with your second sock. My first sock took 2 weeks , the second sock has taken three years and is still a work in progress. Apparently the secret is to knit the second sock first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound rather more purposeful than I do these days. Very impressive list of achievements!

    ReplyDelete