Total Pageviews

Monday 13 February 2012

Twickers tattle



MonDAY, February  13, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook: 13th February

Outside My Window ... cold, grey, rain, wind. I don't plan to go out.

I am thinking ... how fortuitous it was to have all our family here on Saturday. Martha came for the rehearsal for the concert (10th March, in aid of Pancreatic Cancer) and Adam and Juliet came after work, we'd not seen them both since Christmas Day. They had won the opportunity to have photos taken by a studio so that wanted to show us the picture they'd selected and the others on a CD. Interesting to see some one else's take on your own son. 
For once I prepared the meal as Ian was at choir practice with Martha. We dined on cottage pie, (I make a mix of ordinary and sweet potatoes for the topping), carrots, spring greens. Then crumble with plums and blackberries from the freezer. My crumble mix includes porridge oats and some walnuts for texture. When Ian returned he made custard, shark infested as opposed to egg custard.

Great laughter after the meal as the young people were talking about the hymns they'd sung in primary and Sunday school, what was fascinating was they remembered the words and actions  of such delights as If I were a butterfly. 

From the learning rooms ... Ian is well into his MS208 course now, tutorials are fortnightly, so with online conversations, U tube, course materials there is plenty of support.

From the kitchen ... need to think about evening meal, chicken? Ian was talking about making bread whilst he thinks about a maths problem - think it's about sets.

I am wearing ... green cord East skirt, honey coloured cashmere cabled Uniqlo jumper topped with warm cream cardigan. It is that cardigan - the one I picked up and completed after 20 years.

I am creating ... Hexipuffs, and a "Sporty car coat", not in Sublime but in Artesano hummingbird variegated yarn. Rather interesting design and pattern from the random dyeing of the yarn!

As you can see I have finished the back and nearly completed the right front.


For the first time ever I made a sample square to check my tension. Now, do I frog it, it is 4" square, do I always make a tension square and join these up to make a throw or cushion cover. Answers on a post card please.
 
I am going .. to be helping, as a volunteer at the Who do you think you are show at Olympia. This is for Richmond Local studies stand, they have been exhibitors for a few years now. I think the idea is I help to show people the Calm site so they may be able to see the plans for the houses they, or their families lived in. Or they may be interested in the schools or public buildings in the area. We shall see.

I am reading ...  The hare with amber eyes. Have to complete this by next Monday, but knitting seems to have taken over. Does reading the newspaper each day count for reading?

I am hearing ... just the 110 year old clock ticking behind me.


Around the house ... mmmm, need to complete the ironing. After all Monday is washing day!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... will go to local studies, not sure which day yet. No other plans made but something will turn up. At least there should be time to finish the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment